As soon as we are pregnant most of the parents are excited for nesting and we do lot of research what are all baby essentials and get more than what is actually required. We give least important to what a mom needs immediately after the delivery. Of course family members support and try to be helpful as much as they can but there are little things which I personally felt it would have been nice if I was little prepared ahead and had some recommendations which ones are the best rather than me going over the reviews at that time for which I hardly any patience or interest.
Here are few things which I personally liked and felt useful for any new mom:
- Pads: I like the large pads which they gave me in the hospital. I got few of them while leaving which were good for 2-3 days and got Poise pads from Costco. The Poise pads are good too to hold the heavy bleeding 🩸. Later it took me an year to get my periods back until I dropped breastfeeding. Its good even now as the periods are heavy after long gap. If the periods are normal I don’t like the bulky pads though.
- Panties: The use and throw panties which they offer at hospital are great for initial days to maintain the hygiene and reduce the work load to wash. I got few of them while leaving from the hospital and later bought the wirarpa Women’s Cotton Underwear Panties High Waisted Full Briefs 4 Pack Ladies No Muffin Top Underpants Beige Size 4, X-Small which are good for both C-section and normal delivery.
- Sitz Bath: Sitz Bath for Toilet Seat, Postpartum Care, Hemorrhoid Treatment is one of the most important to give u relief from the hemorrhoids and pain down there after delivery.
- Post Partum Belt: I initially used the belt which they gave in the hospital later ordered ChongErfei 3 in 1 Postpartum Support – Recovery Belly/Waist/Pelvis Belt Shapewear Slimming Girdle, Beige, One Size. I like this belt but it is tough to keep it ourselves and longer as it is too tight and uncomfortable but I tried to keep it atheist 2-3 hours which helped in recovering n shaping.
- Post Partum Pants: I liked Motherhood Maternity Post Pregnancy pants better than postpartum belts as they good support n helped in shaping. They were easier to put on than belt. They are bit tight and uncomfortable initially but will gradually easy to get used to. I still use them to control my bulging belly n shape it.
- Nursing bras: Nursing Bra Maternity Seamless Bras with Removable Spill Prevention Pads are great for feeding and also important to give support to the heavy breasts which are important from the initial days. I used them in pregnancy too.
- Nipple Cream: For all the cracked nipples initially while feeding I used Lansinoh Lanolin Nipple Cream for Breastfeeding. We can use coconut oil toot I preferred this while working to avoid stains on my top.
- Comfortable clothing: I preferred using my maternity wear like soft leggings, long frocks, T-Shirts, swing dresses, night dresses whatever u r comfortable. I didn’t buy any nursing wear specifically.
- Breast pads: Lansinoh Stay Dry Disposable Nursing Pads for Breastfeeding disposable breast pads are so handy for engorged breasts especially while were out of home when we can’t pump feed immediately.
- Perineal Spray: Herbal Perineal Spray by Earth Mama is my favorite which is handy n soothing to give relief to painful hemorrhoids and Tucks Md Cool Hemorrhoid Pad or you can use Witch Hazel with any cotton pad too.
- Laxatives: Your doctor would be suggesting laxative which is important to have smooth bowel movement as that can be very painful n tough after delivery.
- Any pain killers if prescribed: Most of the times narcotics and analgesics are prescribed after c-section and you can time as u required
- Nutritious Food: You can actually eat anything you want but having nutritious and balanced food will help to give more nutrition and the fiber rich food to easy constipation, help in establishing milk supply, speedy recovery and also post partum weight loss.
- Nursing Pillow: I love Nursing, Breastfeeding Baby Support Pillow, which gives support to our backs and the baby especially in the early days when the baby is too small to handle.
- Pumping: Electric Breast Pump, Baby Bottle, Breast Milk Storage Bags , Baby Bottle and Dish Soap are few other required if you plan for pumping or they are useful in the case of any latch issues.
- Loads of Love: New mom needs loads of love to support her emotionally as its not just birth of a baby but hers too. She is born as a new mom again ❤